Policies

Please read before signing contract and paying deposit

Deposit:
EVENTS BOOKED LESS THAN 2 WEEKS IN ADVANCE
Full Payment is due at the time of booking. Dates will not be secured until payment is received. Exceptions cannot be made. 

EVENTS BOOKED MORE THAN 2 WEEKS IN ADVANCE
A 50% deposit secures all event dates. This deposit is non-refundable. In the event that you need to change the date of your event (up to 2 weeks prior to event), we can reschedule and this deposit would be applied to the new date.

Final Bill: Your remaining balance is due 2 weeks prior to your event. In the event that your remaining balance has not been paid on the due date, you will be contacted. If payment isn’t received after 24 hours of being overdue, your event may be cancelled and deposit forfeited.  Please note that at the end of your event you will receive a “Final Bill” this may have a balance of $0 or it may include final charges such as additional guests fees, gratuity or unpaid balances.

Full Cancellation:

  • If you cancel or reschedule your event within 2 weeks of the event date, your deposit will be forfeited and not usable on a future event. The remaining 50% will be transferable to a future event within 1 year of your original date.

  • If you cancel or reschedule your event within 1 week of your event date, 25% of your total bill will be transferable to a future event within 1 year of your original date. The remaining balance will be forfeited.

  • Day of Event (within 24 hours of event start time) cancellations will result in 100% forfeiture of total bill. 

  • Please note: if your event is more than 75 people, please refer to the cancellation policies in your event contract. 



Inclement Weather Policy:
In the case of Impending Inclement Weather on the day of your event:
You may reschedule your event, at no extra charge, to a new date within 45 days of your original event date. You must notify us that you would like to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your event date. Please note that our cancellation policy will still be in effect and your account balance will become transferable but not refundable. (Balance is only transferable up to 45 days after original event date.) If the forecast is projecting more than 6 inches of snow/ any amount of ice in Frederick, MD we will contact you about rescheduling your event.

In the case of Inclement Weather on the day of your event:
We will plan to execute your event if there is less than 6 inches of snow on the ground in Frederick, MD. If you cancel your event on the day of, you forfeit your deposit and 25% of the remaining balance (75% of total event cost). You can request a "drop off" option for your food if you prefer but your bill will not be adjusted at that time. 

***Please note that Safi Personal Events will try to be accommodating to unforeseen acts of nature such as, power outages, downed trees, flooding, etc.***